20 October 2007

Love letters

I made this in the spring of 1995. A month before we had known that Roberta was pregnant, and Fabio was just a little ampersand without a name. It's one of the very few of my works that hangs on a wall (in this case at home, obviously).
I've been very interested in calligraphy and lettering in the past. I used to have a very "typographic" approach to graphic design when I used to do this work. Now I just handwrite the titles and comments of my sketches (and also the new header for my blog).
I've uploaded some other "letters" here.

9 comments:

  1. wow, you're a master of caligraphy! para cuando vamos a poder utilizar Freekhand Roman en el ordenador? saludos! muy bueno el cambio de masthead by the way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias Gabi, lo de "Freekhand Roman" te aseguro que no se me había ocurrido, (y quién sabe!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's really sweet, also liked the stuff you've uploaded to Flickr. you are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful Miquel!
    you might want to check out this website:
    http://www.fontifier.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Miguel! I also love calligraphy and years ago I would write certificates and diplomas, cards, wedding invitations. I enjoyed it, but with technology, the need for handwritten calligraphy work seemed to dry up? Sometimes I miss it, especially when I see nice work like your header and your post here..
    Ronell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your letters here remind of the first sketches Herman Zapf did for his font Optima. This is a compliment. Have you seen that image, do you know of Hermann Zapf's work?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all!
    Nash: it flatter me that this could remind you Mr Zapf that is one of my favorites on callygraphy and type design

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cool! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Everything on your site is just beautiful!!!
    Such eye-candy, and very nice calligraphy, too. All the best!

    ReplyDelete