20 November 2007

All around me are familiar faces

About two months ago, tidying up my old folders I found a lot of forgotten drawings, many of which I've now posted here.
My last archaeological loot (and now I'll must upload just new drawigs) is a series of portraits. These are two of them made in 1985 ca., you can see the rest here.

I had a big surprise seeing again the crosshatching in Duke's collar because it reminded me -far in the distance- the technique of my admired France.
It was made with a rapidograph (our beloved Pigma Micron type fibre pen didn't exist then). For this kind of work, the only choice was this or the dip pen.

This is one of the few drawings of which I don't conserve the original. I made a good photocopy for me, and gave the original to a friend of mine, great fan of Buñuel as me.

4 comments:

  1. These are fabulous!!!! I'm a big fan of pen and ink with hatching line techiques. Your work is beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize when i saw your Duke on Flickr that it was an "old" one. Which makes the reference to the crosshatching (hehe! Thank you, Miguel!) even more poignant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whole set of the portraits (that you posted here and on Flickr) blow me away. They are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so great. I love your crosshatching work. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete