10 November 2007

EDM#18 The view from two windows


I drew this last weekend looking out of the window of R&C's House in Naples. The churh on the center is Santa Teresa degli Scalzi. On the background Sant'Elmo's Castle and the Charterhouse of San Martino. I took also some photos that you can see here.

I've found this a week ago lost in some folder. I made it in august 2003 sitting in the balcony of our house in Zola Predosa, where we lived since our arrival in Italy (july 2001) to august 2005 when we moved to our current house. I didn't know I was making EDM#18 "Draw the view from a window".

14 comments:

  1. Wow, these are amazing. I have been a fan of your drawings for some time, they're always inspiring. Love your lettering as well.

    The views out the window are great - they look so effortless, which is always what appeals to me most. Beautiful.

    Bambi

    ReplyDelete
  2. your style is so beautiful and fresh, Miguel...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh...what beautiful window views...ahhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your work Miguel. Please do more drawings of Bologna. Maybe some nice red 'la rossa' ones?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sketches are truly inspiring. Clear and fresh lines and a wonderful eye for composition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful!! I've just enjoyed cruising through your blog. Love your sketches!!! Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know i must have said it on Flickr, but these views are gorgeous. Makes me want to spend a day at the window (next to my cat), trying to capture what's outside.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice drawing, Miguel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely sketches. I agree with Bambi, they look so effortless! Great photo's too, my favorite being the chairs agains the graffitiwall..
    ronell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful sketches, I'd love to see more like these!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SOOO stunning, both. It's funny how the differnce in colour of the paper give them both a whole different feel. I especially love the bottom one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love this drawing! I even felt a little cold looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such fresh, clean lines. Beautiful sketches! Very well done.

    ReplyDelete