01 December 2007

A coat of many colors, yellow green on either side

My old drawings chest seems to be bottomless. Obviously I don't post every relic I find here and there, but from time to time an old drawing catch my attention because of... I don't know what, and so I get through the embarrassment of showing my beginner drawings... and well... ladies & gentlemen... my first published cover. It was made in 1983 for a magazine about puzzles, logical games and recreational mathematics. As you can suppose by the theme, it was a very very little magazine and they payed me a very very little money, but I was very very glad anyway. (And finally we knew that The Thinker, is actually thinking about some hard logical problem proposed by the magazine he holds in hand. So naïf...)
It was made with black, red, blue, green, sepia and yellow inks. I used Gillot, Brandauer and Faber Castell nibs, a different one for each color. I've never repeated again this technique.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Miguel, I'm having trouble with my internet provider so I'm not sure whether you have recieved my comments or not. This is brilliant, as is all of your work. It's interesting to look back at your old work. I have tried to study this to see quite how you achieved those colours. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ¡qué currazo! no me extraña que no hayas repetido esta técnica

    ReplyDelete