21 April 2009

Andrea Joseph left this pearl in my sketchbook


We were in a fantastic and cheap osteria in the center of Bologna. Anah and me started sketching while we wait for our meal (there was some unforgettable tagliatelle with cocoa and radicchio) and then I invited Andrea to draw too. She told me that she doesn't use to draw in public, but since I insisted, she made this sketch with my brush pen in my sketchbook. Once finished, she told me that she not only doesn't use to draw in public, but she doesn't use to draw with brushes either.
Looking at this gorgeous sketch I'm still wandering why she doesn't, and I' feel so proud she left this rare pearl in my sketchbook.

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of, nor seen Andrea Joseph's sketches until yesterday, on "Stumble Upon". I am so drawn to her work (no pun intended) and I hope someday we can chat. You are blessed to have something from her in your sketchbook. God loves you.
    ~Mona in Vermont

    ReplyDelete